Make Your Own Infant Headbands

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

As soon as I had my first daughter, I fell in LOVE with infant headbands! I even had an Etsy shop for all of two months until I bagged that idea. I learned to make headbands from scratch and it was a lot of fun... and I got a LOT of burns from my hot glue gun for the sake of a perfectly sculpted satin flower.

And then I discovered that it is possible to buy everything you need for infant headbands off Etsy, you just have to put them together. This is so great because you can make them just how you like.

Here is one of my favorite stores (and this girl doesn't even know me or that I am linking to her store, she is just fast with orders and the quality and prices are great).


Here is an example of what she sells. For these bows, you can choose 10 in whatever color you want and it only costs $6.50+shipping.


Another example of a bow. So cute!


Also, you can buy the SOFT, colored skinny elastic from Etsy. It is cheap and much nicer for babies' heads than what you find at the local craft store. There are TONS of colors to choose from through TONS of different Etsy shops. Luxe Supply Co is just one example of many.


This elastic is called fold-over elastic. It is great for infant headbands, super soft, but I also love to use this to tie hair ties for myself! This is also found in a vast array of colors on Etsy.


These gems are sold on Etsy and can be used as rhinestones for headbands you make or buy. Love them!


Put it all together with your hot glue gun and you have got
THIS:

 or THIS!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment