Why I Don't Sell My Prints...

Monday, July 7, 2014

I have been asked (a lot) why I don't sell these prints to try and make some extra cash. As much as I would love to have extra green laying around, every time that I try to make a hobby into a job, it becomes just that, a JOB. It isn't fun anymore and I do it all out of obligation, not because I want to. I want to protect my art soul by keeping my art to a hobby. I like for it to be fun. And I look forward to making art. I get really excited when I come up with a new idea and I can't wait until the kids are in bed and I can work on it! It wouldn't be that way if I was doing it as a job. Plus, if I want to, I can quit any time. I like that freedom! :) So I will keep doing this as long as it is fun for me and once I stop enjoying it, maybe I will quit. Or switch to something else. In the mean time, I really hope that you enjoy what I am doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment