Selling a House With Small Kids

Wednesday, July 23, 2014


Today was the first day that our house was listed for sale. There is good news, we got a showing already! The bad news is that the house was messy (because we had the carpets cleaned this morning and furniture had not been put back) and I received word of the showing while I was at the dentist with kids and had 15 minutes to get home and clean the snot out of the house.

I left the kids in the car, the baby crying, and ran inside frantically trying to hide the dirty dishes (threw them in a garbage sack and hid it in the dog house), make the beds, hide the dirty laundry baskets, stuff things under the beds, etc... I am not going to be able to find anything now! It took me 10 minutes to find where I had stuffed the charger to my laptop.

I only cursed like 25 times... I was sweating like a pig.

We had to be gone for one hour and it was in the middle of my baby's nap time. Thankfully she passed out in the car. I didn't think we would get a response so quickly, which is good news, but I am completely unprepared for when we have to bolt for a showing.

That is all, I just really wanted to share how crazy it was for one single showing...

No comments:

Post a Comment